Simple Excel Formula Today – Learn Tricks
The easiest formula is the excel formula TODAY. Today’s date, just typing TODAY () in the cell, will be visible in that cell. Now you must be thinking what is special about this? Today’s date can be typed sooner than the formula. So in today’s article, we will try to improve the skill of Excel a little bit by using Today.
- How to Apply Excel Formula Today?
Type in the cell =TODAY() and enter. Today’s date show of computers will start happening. Date auto updates. If you apply the formula today and open the file tomorrow, tomorrow’s date will be visible. It is updated every day like the formula now. If you change the date of the computer, then the date of the formula will also show the changed date of the computer itself.
- Today Formula’s Shortcut Keys
Ctrl +; By pressing the button, today’s date will be typed in the cell. But this is a shortcut to type in today’s date. Today formula shows formula in formula bar and the value is only of visible date. But direct type is typed by shortcut key. This shortcut is better for fast data entry.
4 uses of Excel Formula Today
1. Forward date search
From today, this function is used to show the date in the cell a week later. For example, we will find a date after 7 days from today. Type in cell
We will show the date 7 days later than today.
The date of the computer in the image below is 05-12-19. If you add 7 to the formula in the cell, then after 7 days i.e. 12-12-19 this date has started appearing. This formula will show the date after 4 days every day. This formula is automatically updated every day.
In the example given below, the formula for TODAY is in cell B3. C4 has Next Number of Days. Addition of both to D4 has been done on Next Date.
- The number of days to know the back date, the number – you can see the previous date if you do the Minus with the formula. Typing =TODAY()-7 in the same cell will start showing the date of the previous given number from today’s date.
- Formulas and numbers can also be Minus from different cells.
- In the Excel formula of age, we can find updated age by Using Formula Today. Once you apply the formula, there will be no need to update. It also has a lot of use in the formula of Experience.
- The YEARFRACK formula used today in the image below. Start Date has selected the cell of Birth Date and typed the formula for Today in End Date.