Text Box Properties
In Excel VBA tutorial 4 we learned how to add different tools to the user form. In today’s tutorials, we will learn about the properties of text boxes. We will learn about different formats of text boxes.
About User Form Properties In Tutorial 3, we saw some important points. In the same way every tool has its properties. Some tabs are more or less according to the tool.
1. Name – Any name can be given to the text box.
2. Text box Size – Option of drag and drop with the mouse is better to increase the size or more.
3. Control Tip Text – When the application is run, you have to type the text in the control tip text to show a text tip as soon as the mouse cursor is moved over the text box.
4. Enable – Many times the project has to show the text in the text box, but to ban it from editing, Select False Option in the option of enable, no user can edit the text of the text box.
5. Visible – To hide the text box, the text box will be hidden as soon as it is false in front of the Visible option.
6. Text – To show any text by default in the text box, you can type the words type in front of the text option.
7. With the option of Text Align, Back Color, Border Color, you can change the design of the text box.
8. Password Character – Type one of the special characters in the password char to show the text * or # or @ of the text box as such.
For example – When typing a text box password, all we need to do is to show * star *, type password Char * .
How to change the text box format?
1. Text box currency format
To change the text box Value to currency format, double click on the text box or right click to view code.